Rapunzel’s hair was 70 feet, or 840 inches, long and contained more than 100,000 individual strands. It sounds really impressive, especially if you’re taking into account that she probably didn’t use any professional shampoos or hair conditioners. Of course, it might be just a fairy tale, but it’s already been proven that some old-school secrets may be much more beneficial for your hair than any of the modern hair care products.
Bright Side gathered the most effective homemade mask recipes that can actually stimulate hair growth and make your locks look healthy and shiny.
8. Egg and mayo mask
You will need:
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of honey
What to do:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Section your hair into 4 parts with clamps.
- Apply the mixture to each section. After applying, twist the section up and secure it with a clamp.
- Add a little extra mask to the edges and scalp so that they’re covered well.
- Cover your hair with plastic wrap to trap all the heat in.
- Let the mask sit for 15-20 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water.
Results: This mask will help you reduce breakage and strengthen the follicles of your hair. It also deeply moisturizes and conditions your hair as well as promotes healthy hair growth.